The NDIS is coming! What are the Housing Opportunities?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), soon to be spending more than $20,000M per annum on services to over 460,000 people across Australia, is creating huge opportunities (and challenges) for housing development. These include but extend beyond the development of an additional 14,000 commercially and recurrently funded places of Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
This small, interactive masterclass, led by a practitioner with 30 years’ experience, will explore:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) scale, impact & trajectory.
- Housing demand driven by the NDIS.
- Current provision of housing for people with a disability with high support needs including by State Governments.
- NDIS housing policy & practice.
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) rules, requirements & funding.
Masterclass attendees will be introduced to a “Housing for People with a Disability Framework” that will assist them to:
- Engage with the diverse range of players required to develop & deliver housing for people with a disability.
- Assess housing projects for people with a disability.
- identify the risk in developing & managing housing for people with a disability.
Cost will be $695 per head (inc GST).
9:00 pm to 4:00 pm. 28th November 2017.
International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney
Who should attend?
- Housing Agency Executives
- Housing Development Managers
- Property Developers
- Disability Support Service Planners
- Tickets can be booked through Eventbrite
The masterclass will be led by Joseph Connellan of MC Two Pty Ltd. Joseph has 30 years’ experience in developing and delivering improved services in housing and disability. He has been CEO for a number of not for profit organisations including Supported Housing Limited, in its day the largest non-Government disability specific housing company in Australia.
For the last 10 years Joseph has provided strategic advice to Government and Non Government organisations through his company, MC Two Pty ltd (www.mctwo.com.au). For the last 3 years a major focus of Joseph’s work has been on housing and the NDIS.
Joseph provides advice about housing and disability to Government via a number Advisory committees.
Feedback from Previous Sessions
“Very strong industry knowledge with obvious wide access to industry”
“The mix of participant input was really well facilitated into a learning experience adding a lot of value.’
“Terrific ability to engage with participants and draw collective expertise in the room for multiple perspectives on a complex issue”
“Great mix of principles and practicalities”